And by mean we mean a whole lot of deliciousness here. This aji verde sauce recipe is really simple to make, with jalapeño peppers, cilantro, Parmesan cheese, and mayonnaise forming the base of the sauce. It’s perfect with fresh bread or vegetable crudité. Or as a little twist, try it as a spread on a grilled vegetable sandwich. It brings a delicious heat to the sandwich along with a light garden freshness.
Three jalapeños does bring a definite spice to the sauce, so if you’re looking for a lighter amount of heat feel free to lessen the amount to two.
Aji Verde Sauce
- 3 jalapeño peppers seeded and chopped
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- Fresh lemon or lime optional
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Puree until smooth.
- Optional - Add a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime to provide a little tang to the sauce.
- Serve with bread and/or fresh vegetables.
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!