From sandwich spread to seafood topper…
This simple avocado jalapeño sauce can do a lot in the kitchen. The creamy texture makes it a terrific healthy sandwich spread with kick, and it’s just as excellent as a seafood or steak sauce. Process the sauce even thinner, and it’s a super-tasty salad dressing. If you want a little more kick, go with serrano peppers instead of the jalapeños.
Creamy Avocado Jalapeño Sauce
- 3 jalapenõ peppers seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 avocados coarsely chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients.
- Pulse blend the mix until you've reached your desired sauce consistency.
- For best flavor, refrigerate the sauce for at least 1 hour prior to serving.
Want more heat? Use four serrano peppers instead of the jalapeño peppers.
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!