A cocktail sauce with Southern bite…
It’s super simple to turn your homemade cocktail sauce up a notch – all it takes is a little Cajun seasoning and Tabasco hot sauce to bring that spicy Southern charm to life. It’s perfect with popcorn shrimp (or cocktail shrimp), fish sticks, or other dipping-ready seafood. If it’s not hot enough for you, try a pinch of cayenne pepper to really light things up.
Cajun Cocktail Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup Heinz chili sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cayenne pepper powder optional, to add additional spice
- In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate the cocktail sauce for 30 minutes to 1 hour prior to serving.
Want it spicier? Add 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder to the cocktail sauce to start. Adjust up from there.
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!