Spicy, slightly smoky, and tangy sweet! Yum.
Don’t be confused – this isn’t the recipe for the margarita sold at the restaurant Chipotle. That’s good, but we, of course, think this is better. If you at all love spicy things, then give this chipotle margarita recipe a whirl. The chipotle in adobo sauce delivers a smoky sting, the oranges and Triple Sec/Cointreau throw in the tang, and the agave nectar smooths everything out with a delicious sweetness. Want more heat? Up the chipotle sauce used or muddle more of the actual chili and not only the sauce.
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila 6 count
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau or Triple Sec 2 count
- 1/4 to 1/2 ounce agave nectar 1 to 2 count, to taste
- Splash fresh lime juice
- 2 orange slices
- Lime or orange slices for garnish
- Place the orange slices, lime juice, and chipotle in adobo sauce in a cocktail shaker and muddle thoroughly.
- Top with ice and then pour in the tequila, Cointreau/Triple Sec, and Agave nectar. Cover and shake well.
- Strain into a martini glass or serve over ice. Use limes or orange slices as a garnish.
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!