Fresh, fiery flavor…
Few herbs are distinct as cilantro. It’s fresh flavor pops in any recipe in which it’s used – making for some memorable meals. That’s why we love it paired with jalapeño peppers in this delicious fresh and fiery sauce. Try cilantro jalapeño sauce as an alternative taco topper or paired with grilled chicken or steak. It also make a unique french fry sauce for those looking to take a break from everyday ketchup.
We know cilantro can be a polarizing flavor, so this sauce starts on the more subtle side in terms of amounts than some other versions. If you want bolder, think of this recipe as a jumping off point from which to experiment. You can double up the cilantro and jalapeño pepper for a bigger, bolder sauce for use with heartier meats and meals.
Cilantro Jalapeño Sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream divided
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves and stems, packed well
- 1 jalapeño pepper chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Using a blender or food processor, process 1/4 of the sour cream with the cilantro, jalapeño pepper, and lime juice until smooth. There will still be small pieces of cilantro seen.
- Pour the sour cream from the blender into a bowl, then add the other 1/4 cup of sour cream. Blend until well combined.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Use immediately, or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to a week. Note, the sauce will get spicier as it ages.