Perfect for poultry or pork.
Cranberry relish alone has that tempting tang that tastes oh-so-good with turkey and ham. But when you add in a little chili pepper spice, you bring the zing too! Jalapeño peppers provides the heat here (and you could go hotter by substituting in serrano pepper instead). It’s a small adjustment that makes a very big impact. Note that this is a chunky dry relish, not saucy. It works very well as a side or as a rustic pork chop topper.
Cranberry Jalapeño Relish
- 2 jalapeño peppers seeds removed and minced
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries
- 1 lime peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- In a food processor, process the cranberries until they are coarsely chopped. Pour them into a glass mixing bowl.
- Add the jalapeño pepper, lime, and sugar to the cranberry and mix thoroughly.
- Add cilantro and mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours for best flavor and serve.
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!