Tangy and creamy, with a fiery hook…
One of our faves as a sandwich spread, spicy creole aioli is brimming with flavor. It’s mayo creamy, but there’s a spicy mustard tang to the taste that’s just delicious. Don’t limit this spread to sandwich duty. You can use it as a dipping sauce or as a topper to seafood. We like it very much on salmon.
Cayenne pepper powder adds a little extra punch beyond the creole mustard (which often already contains a little cayenne). Feel free to adjust the amount used to match your spice tolerance.
Spicy Creole Aioli
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 scallions including green tops, minced
- 3 tablespoons Creole mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- Add all ingredients to a medium-sized mixing bowl and stir until fully combined.
- Serve immediately, or for optimal flavor, allow the aioli to chill for a minimum of 1 hour to allow the flavors to set.
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!