Refreshing lime tang, with a subtle spice…
Want a delicious sipping cocktail that provides a little extra “somethin’ somethin'” to its drinking experience? Look no further than a spicy jalapeño gimlet. It’s refreshing, as a gimlet should be, with its fresh lime. But behind that lime is a little kick of jalapeño pepper that tickles the tastebuds. This is not an extreme cocktail – think more subtle heat here – provided by jalapeño simple syrup.
You can purchase your own jalapeño simple syrup, or make your own (see our recipe here).
Spicy Jalapeño Gimlet
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce jalapeño simple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (approximately the juice from one lime)
- Lime or jalapeño wheels for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, then add the vodka, jalapeño simple syrup, and fresh lime juice.
- Stir (don't shake) the cocktail, then strain the gimlet into a martini glass.
- Garnish the gimlet with jalapeño wheels or lime slices/wheels.
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!