It’ll warm you right up…
Creating a spiced chai mix with a little extra kick is easier than you think. A mix of common aromatic spices like ginger, nutmeg, and cloves and fiery cayenne pepper powder stoke the flames. This is one chai mix that’ll no doubt warm you through and through. Best of all, this recipe creates a powder that’ll keep. You can make a batch and enjoy it for weeks – or even months – to come, just a few spoonfuls and hot water each time. But our guess is the mix doesn’t last quite that long in your house.
Fiery Spiced Chai
- 3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup powdered French vanilla nondairy creamer
- 1 cup unsweetened instant tea
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Combine all ingredients, and using a blender or food processor, blend the mix until it's a fine dissolvable.powder.
- Use 2 to 3 tablespoons of the powder per cup of hot water to make the chai tea.
- Store the chai tea powder in an air-tight container for up to 4 to 6 months.
Want your chai spicier? Increase the amount of cayenne to 1 teaspoon.
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!