Cauliflower – with its relatively neutral flavor – is a surprisingly versatile vegetable. It makes a hearty soup and spices up very well. We love the heat that cayenne pepper brings to this cauliflower heartiness, along with the robust flavor that cumin, coriander, and turmeric deliver, too. You’ll love it on those days where you need that perfect feel-good meal.
Spicy Cauliflower Soup
- 1 head cauliflower florets chopped
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Salt and pepper
- In a soup pot, heat the olive oil (over medium heat), then add in the onion, carrot, cayenne pepper, coriander, cumin, and turmeric. Cook the vegetables until they are softened.
- Add the cauliflower and cilantro and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and bring the mix to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for approximately 10 to 15 minutes (or until cauliflower is soft).
- Using a food processor or blender, process the soup until smooth. Add in lemon juice, stir, then salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate the soup, sprinkle with additional cayenne pepper powder, then serve.
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!