Healthy snacking done spicy style.
Edamame are a delicious healthy treat, perfect as an appetizer or snack. They are near perfect lightly salted, but why not go for spicy nirvana by adding in some crushed red pepper and cayenne? Think of them like edamame extreme, salty with a punch. If you want a little less spiciness, try swapping out the cayenne for chili pepper powder.
- 1 pound frozen edamame
- 1 tablespoon cayenne powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- In a skillet over medium, heat the cayenne pepper powder, crushed red pepper, and salt. Stir constantly, until aromatic. Approximately 2 to 3 minutes. Place to the side.
- Boil the edamame with salted water until tender - approximately 6 to 8 minutes. Drain then gently pat dry.
- In a large bowl, add the edamame and the cayenne pepper mix. Toss the edamame with the mix until the edamame, then serve.
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!