Delicious as a spread or dip.
Cayenne provides the heat while a little chili powder brings a simmering earthiness to this tangy and spicy feta dip recipe. We love feta dips for their versatility. Sure, use them as a go-to dip for fresh vegetables and pita. It pairs well next to hummus, tabouli, and baba ganoush on the appetizer table. But don’t overlook it as a spread for sandwiches. It not only works on gyros, it’s also very tasty on grilled vegetable sandwiches to provide some bold flavor to the meal.
Spicy Feta Dip
- 1 pound feta cheese cubed
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients except the feta cheese into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add in 1/2 of the feta cheese cubes and pulse blend until smooth. Then based on the consistency you prefer, blend in additional feta cubes in small amounts until your dip is to your desired thickness.
- Salt and pepper to taste, then serve immediately or for best flavor refrigerate the dip for at least one hour.
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!