Extreme healthy snacking.
Pumpkin seeds are nutritional beasts – filled with nutrients and antioxidants. We love them as a snack any time of the year, but they just seem to taste extra special in the Fall, especially fresh pumpkin seeds right from that jack-o’-lantern. Sure lightly salted is one way to go, but we, of course, prefer the spicier option, whenever there’s one. These spicy pumpkin seeds amp up the flavor and add in the health benefits of paprika, cayenne pepper powder, and ground cumin. They’re so simple to make, but stacked with flavor.
Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and coat the pumpkin seeds thoroughly.
- Spread the coated seeds across a lightly-oiled aluminum foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake the seeds for 30 minutes, stirring them every 5 to 7 minutes to promote even toasting.
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!