Wake up those taste buds!
Here’s a tasty twist on the traditional tequila sunrise. The pop of jalapeño pepper will certainly perk you right up. Keep the seeds in when muddling the hot pepper slice for a little additional heat.
Looking for something even spicier? Upgrade that chili to serrano pepper. It comes in double or more the heat of the jalapeño, with a very comparable taste. Now that’ll wake you up!
Spicy Tequila Sunrise
- 1 jalapeño pepper slice wheeled, keep seeds in for extra heat
- 1 1/2 ounces agave tequila
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 3 teaspoons pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Orange slices and jalapeño rings for garnish
- In a shaker, muddle the lime and jalapeño slice, and then add in the orange juice, sugar, and tequila.
- Top with ice and shake well.
- In a rocks glass, pour the pomegranate juice over ice and then strain the cocktail from the shaker over top.
- Garnish with either an orange or jalapeño slice.
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!