A quick and tasty spicy snack…
Hot sauce and popcorn are a terrific snacking mix. Buttery, salty, and fiery – all are here and it only takes a couple of minutes to pull together. And we’d go to bat for Sriracha sauce being the perfect hot sauce for the job. It adds a little garlic undertone to the popcorn flavor, and just enough heat to be enjoyable for party snacking. Feel free to adjust the amount of Rooster sauce and salt used to better fit your heat tolerance and dietary needs.
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce or to taste
- 1 tablespoon salt or to taste
- Coat a pot with the canola oil, then add the popcorn kernels. Cover the pot.
- Prior to popping the corn, mix the melted butter and Sriracha sauce together until fully combined.
- Place the covered pot over medium-high heat. As the popcorn begins to pop, shake the pot by the handle. Continue to do so until the popcorn has completely popped.
- Pour the popcorn into a large bowl, then drizzle the Sriracha butter over the popcorn and sprinkle the popcorn with salt. Toss the popcorn to evenly coat, then serve.
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!