Sweet and spicy works so well, and we’ve come to love the sweet and spicy pair of watermelon and jalapeño pepper. They work perfectly together in a spicy salad or as a refreshingly tasty cocktail like you have with this watermelon jalapeño margarita recipe.
This is an excellent summer drink that’ll have you and your guests coming back for more. It’s just the right amount of spice, but if you like all things hotter, increase the amount of jalapeño and leave the seeds and membrane intact when you blend.
Spicy Watermelon Jalapeño Margarita
- 4 ounces watermelon juice
- 2 ounces agave tequila
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 jalapeño pepper sliced into circles
- Blend watermelon slices and 1 to 2 jalapeño slices until liquified. Strain out seeds.
- Combine the tequila, watermelon juice, lime juice, and sugar over ice in a shaker. Shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
- Pour over ice in rocks glass or in a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with 3 jalapeño slices.
For added heat, blend the jalapeño with seeds and membrane intact. For less heat, remove the seeds and the pepper membrane.
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!