If there’s one thing that works perfectly with hot peppers, it’s tropical fruit. Well, if you ask us, lots of things go well with hot peppers, but tropical fruit is one of those no brainer mixes. Pineapple habanero salsa is one of these perfect matches – super sweet, refreshing, with a big ‘ole bite. It’s hard to resist it.
That being said, this is a habanero salsa recipe, so a warning going in: It’s pretty darn hot. Habanero peppers range from 100,000 to 325,000 Scoville heat units. That’s a far cry from a typical jalapeño-based options (2,500 to 8,000 SHU). Chiliheads only should apply, or those with adventurous taste buds and a willingness to sweat. If you meet the bill, you’re in for a treat.
Like this salsa? You’ll love these too:
- Spicy Blueberry Salsa: Blueberries and chilies work incredibly well together. And this salsa is delicious enough to eat on its own as a side or dessert.
- Jalapeño Salsa Verde: Tomatillos are the backbone of tangy green treat.
- Coconut Salsa: What a unique twist for all sorts of grilled summer meals. It works with grilled pork or chicken especially.
Shop Our Spicery On Etsy
Up The Scale Set II: Jalapeño, Habanero, Ghost Powders
Now this is one fiery spice pack. Take a journey up the Scoville scale with this Up The Scale set of chili powders - jalapeño, habanero, and ghost chilies. 100% pepper, no additives.Buy Now
Support PepperScale by purchasing our fiery spices. Subscribers get 15% off!
Pineapple Habanero Salsa
Tropical sweet and extra spicy
- 3 vine tomatoes diced
- 1 habanero pepper minced
- 2 cups pineapple about a whole pineapple
- 1/2 cup white onion diced, about half an onion
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash onion powder
- Salt to taste
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- For best taste, refrigerate for half an hour to an hour prior to serving.
Double up on the habanero if you want your salsa really spicy.
Calories: 37kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 4mgPotassium: 182mgFiber: 1gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 455IUVitamin C: 30.9mgCalcium: 12mgIron: 0.3mg
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!