If there’s one thing that works perfectly with hot peppers, it’s tropical fruit. Well, if you ask us, lots of things go well with hot peppers, but tropical fruit is one of those no brainer mixes. Pineapple habanero salsa is one of these perfect matches – super sweet, refreshing, with a big ‘ole bite. It’s hard to resist it.
That being said, this is a habanero salsa recipe, so a warning going in: It’s pretty darn hot. Habanero peppers range from 100,000 to 325,000 Scoville heat units. That’s a far cry from a typical jalapeño-based options (2,500 to 8,000 SHU). Chiliheads only should apply, or those with adventurous taste buds and a willingness to sweat. If you meet the bill, you’re in for a treat.
Like this salsa? You’ll love these too:
- Spicy Blueberry Salsa: Blueberries and chilies work incredibly well together. And this salsa is delicious enough to eat on its own as a side or dessert.
- Jalapeño Salsa Verde: Tomatillos are the backbone of tangy green treat.
- Coconut Salsa: What a unique twist for all sorts of grilled summer meals. It works with grilled pork or chicken especially.
Pineapple Habanero Salsa
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- For best taste, refrigerate for half an hour to an hour prior to serving.