Mixing spicy and sweet is always a favorite combo of ours. Take these slow cooker pulled pork tacos. The pork gets some serious smoky heat through a healthy portion of chipotle peppers with adobo sauce. And the salsa made with cherries and peaches just complements it perfectly. It’s the type of meal that everyone will be looking forward to all day long.
Do you want it milder or spicier? You can easily control the heat by changing the amount of chipotle peppers used when cooking the pork or the amount of jalapeño pepper in the salsa.
Like fiery tacos? You’ll love these recipes too:
- Spicy Beef Tacos: The classic – exactly what you want from a tasty beef taco, but we amp up the spices.
- Fiery Taco Soup: Everything you love about tacos in hearty soup form. This is one you can eat like a meal.
- Spicy Beef Taco Salad: This one is always a family favorite. We make it spicy, but it’s easy to control the heat (or leave it out completely.)
Spicy Pulled Pork Tacos With Sweet Salsa
The Spicy Pork
- Combine all Spicy Pork ingredients into a 5-quart crock pot, cover, and cook on low heat for 8 hours (or 4 – 5 hours on high heat).
- An hour prior to pork being done, create the salsa by combining all ingredients and refrigerating.
- Pull pork pieces from the mix and shred them with a fork. Keep pork to the side.
- Strain the liquid from the slow cooker through a cheese cloth, and then return the pulled pork to the remaining mix.
- Serve the pulled pork topped with the sweet salsa in flour tortillas.