Perfect for tacos of most any kind…
Putting a dollop of regular sour cream on your taco will seem so plain Jane once you try this super-simple taco sour cream sauce recipe. Here, a little cayenne pepper adds some solid sizzle to the typically mild taco seasoning, though it’s a totally optional add-in.
This recipe is Tex-Mex tasty and perfect for all types of tacos, from ground beef to fish tacos, along with other Mexican and Tex-Mex dishes to boot.
Taco Sour Cream Sauce
- 2 cups sour cream 16 ounces
- 1 package taco seasoning 1.25 ounce package
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- Add all ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Use immediately, or for the best flavor, place the taco sour cream sauce in the refrigerator, covered, for 4 to 6 hours to allow the flavors to meld.
No taco seasoning package? Make your own taco seasoning mix using our recipe. The cayenne pepper addition is optional, you can also opt to use a lesser heat 100% chili powder, like chipotle powder (will provide a smoky heat, easily three times less spicy at minimum than cayenne pepper powder).
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!