A cocktail chock full of spice…
Everywhere you turn in this Cajun Bloody Mary recipe, you have delicious, delicious spice. It all starts with the Cajun seasoning, with its mix of spices, including cayenne. Top that with more cayenne powder, the famous Tabasco hot sauce, black pepper, and, of course, horseradish, and you have a tasty cocktail that punches hard.
It’s perfect for a Southern-style brunch. Serve it with Cajun shrimp and grits – we love the pairing. Want to make your own Cajun seasoning? Check out our recipe here.
Cajun Bloody Mary
- 1.5 ounces vodka
- 5.5 ounces tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder optional
- 1 to 2 dashes Tabasco hot sauce
- 1to 2 dashes Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- In a shaker filled with ice, add all ingredients and stir or roll to combine (do not shake).
- Pour into an ice filled glass and serve with lime, olives, and/or celery garnish.
- For extra spice, rim your Bloody Mary glass with Cajun seasoning prior to adding ice and pouring in the cocktail.
Control the spice through the additional cayenne. Keep the Tabasco as the vinegar tang adds a nice twist.
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!