Chipotle chocolate sugar cookies are small, sweet, and crunchy with just a gentle hum of smoky chipotle spice. These delicious little cookies will leave you begging for more. And the best part – they’re very easy to make. Apart from some butter, they only require common cupboard ingredients, so you can enjoy whenever you feel like a treat. At Christmas, they are delicious with some frosting for a truly decadent result. Though, they really are sweet enough without.
The key to the crunchy cookie is cooking for just the right time and then cooling completely. It’s also important to keep the dough mixture cool before cooking. If you live in a warmer climate, refrigerate it for ten minutes before cooking to get the best overall result.
Our approach is to make these cookies more bite-sized than big. That nets out to around 24 cookies. If you like a bigger cookie, double the sizes in the recipe and cook for approximately four extra minutes.
There’s a nice smoky simmer to our chipotle chocolate sugar cookies, but if you can ramp things up for more heat. If extra spiciness is in order, double up the chipotle powder to two teaspoons or add a small amount of cayenne powder (maybe 1/4 teaspoon to start.)
See this recipe being made:
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Spicy Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies: Cocoa powder and chocolate chips both star in this smoky treat.
- Chipotle And Cherry Mallow Slices: A little creamy, a little smoky heat, and that delicious cherry sweet-tartness makes a delicious dessert.
- Spicy Cinnamon Rolls: A decadent recipe for a memorable breakfast!
Chipotle Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until light and creamy.
- Add the chipotle powder and cocoa powder to the mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Mix the baking soda and flour into the mixture until combined.
- Grease a baking sheet and roll the batter into small balls and pat down to flatten them a little.
- Bake in the center of the over for 12 minutes.
- Place the cookies onto a wire rack to cool completely before enjoying.