These chipotle cherry and mallow slices provide a sweet bite with a cacophony of flavor, a touch of smoke, and a slight kick of heat. If you are a glacé cherry and chili lover, this sweet treat is for you.
Freezing allows the slices to be cut quickly and neatly, If you prefer the slices not to be so cold, simply leave at room temperature for 30 minutes before you enjoy. Keep the slices in an airtight tub weather at room temperature or in the refrigerator, depending on your preference.
The slices should be mild enough for the whole family to enjoy, but if you are serving some sensitive palettes, reduce the chipotle pepper used to a half teaspoon. You can also add some candied chili peppers for an extra kick.
See it being made:
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Easy Chipotle Shortbread: Smoky, buttery, and slightly fiery – totally delicious.
- Spicy Ginger Snap Cookies: The exotic warmth of ginger and chilies pair perfectly here.
- Jalapeño Lemon Drizzle Cake: A touch spicy, tangy, and sweet – it’s hard to only eat a slice.
Chipotle Cherry and Mallow Slices
- 4 cups cookies
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup glace cherries
- 1 cup marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle peppers
- ½ cup dried shredded coconut
- Add cookies to a food processor and pulse until it reaches a breadcrumb-like consistency.
- Combine the cookie crumb, condensed milk, whole cherries, marshmallows, and chipotle pepper.
- Combine the mixture together and press into a ball.
- Lay out a large sheet of cling film and sprinkle over the coconut.
- Roll and press the mixture into a cylinder shape and squeeze tightly until it’s well compressed. Roll the mix tightly with the cling film (see video for example.)
- Place in freezer for 2 hours.
- Remove the mixture from the freezer and unwrap the cling film and slice into sections around 2 centimeters thick.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days