There are many delicious uses for chipotle honey mustard dressing. Yes, it’s great on salads, but don’t stop there. That smoky chipotle pepper flavor, mustard tang, and honey sweetness make a perfect trio as a sandwich spread, a burger topping, or a chicken finger dip. It’s a dressing with a relatively bold flavor, so it works with BBQ of many types. And we’re a sucker for it with sweet potato fries, but it works with potatoes of nearly all types.
We use a full teaspoon of chipotle powder in this recipe. It’s not super-hot, but not exactly mild spiciness either. Chipotle peppers are smoked, dried red jalapeños, so the heat is the same range (a medium-heat 2,500 to 8,000 Scoville heat units.) If you prefer to temper the spiciness (at least to start), use half a teaspoon of chipotle powder and add to taste.
Like all condiments, this dressing keeps well in the fridge when stored in an airtight container.
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Maple Sriracha Sauce: The mix of fiery and earthy sweet is an addicting combo. Love this with chicken strips.
- Cherry Hoisin Sauce: Want a surprise twist for your BBQ? Cherries and hoisin are a terrific duo.
- Chipotle Ranch Dressing: Creamy and smoky meet – another dressing with a ton of versatility.
Chipotle Honey Mustard Dressing
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Stir well.
- Use immediately, or for best flavor allow the dressing to chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours (to allow the flavors to meld).