What’s not to love about sweet smoky heat? The mix of sweet honey and smoky
We cut the heat of the chipotle here by adding in smoked paprika. It adds a comparable smokiness with just a little simmering spiciness (much less than the jalapeño-level heat of
Serve your honey chipotle wings with a ranch dressing for a smooth, creamy addition. Or try a blue cheese dressing if you prefer something pungent to act as a counter-flavor to the honey sweetness.
See these chicken wings being made:
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Spicy Maple Chicken Wings: Maple syrup provides a rich, earthy sweetness here.
- Honey Old Bay Wings: If you like this popular Chesapeake spice, you’re going to love these wings.
- Gochujang Wings: An exotic twist, using this popular Korean chili paste.
Honey Chipotle Wings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Mix the chipotle powder, smoked paprika, onion powder, and salt until evenly combined.
- Sprinkle the chipotle powder mix over the wings, evenly dispersing the spices.
- In a separate bowl, combine the honey, lime juice, and olive oil.
- Add the seasoned wings to the honey mixture and mix the wings to coat with the honey.
- Arrange the honey-coated wings on the foil-lined baking sheet. Top the wings evenly with any additional honey mixture leftover in the bowl.
- Bake the chicken for 30 minutes, until they turn a golden brown.
- Serve immediately.