Potato wedge platters are one of those quick-to-make sides where the taste way outpaces the effort. And we love this one a ton: this piri-piri potato wedge platter pairs African bird’s eye pepper (via piri-piri — or peri-peri — salt or seasoning), pickled jalapeños, and a whole slew of fresh mixed vegetables with those delicious potato wedges. Top it all off with some creamy cubed feta cheese and it’s an excellent side for barbecue, steak, grilled chicken, pork chops, and a heck of a lot more.
Those mixed vegetables are your call on what to add. We use a mix of cucumbers, peppers, and cherry tomatoes. But feel free to experiment. Onions, corn, and asparagus — just to name a few options — all work. Or dress it up with some additional herbs, spices, or hot sauces. Cilantro works just as well here as adding a few squeezes of Sriracha Sauce.
And to make you piri-piri potato wedge platter even more decadent, you could double down on the cheeses used. Adding some mozzarella, in particular, is an excellent way to make this dish a ton more decadent.
This side dish is best eaten immediately. When pre-made or stored as leftovers, the potatoes lose that tasty crispness that pairs so well with those fresh vegetables and cheese.
And a quick note on piri-piri seasoning. You can find it via Amazon (affiliate link folks), or if you have a well-stocked spice rack, you can make your own via the recipe here.
Piri-Piri Potato Wedge Platter
- 5 potatoes large-sized, between 4 and 6 potatoes works
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon piri-piri salt or piri-piri seasoning
- 1 pack feta cheese
- 2 cups mixed salad vegetables cucumber, peppers, tomatoes all work well
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno peppers sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pierce the skins of the potatoes and heat them in the microwave for 12 minutes on high power.
- Allow the potatoes to cool for 5 minutes before cutting them into wedges.
- Place the wedges on a baking tray and drizzle them with olive oil and the piri piri salt or seasoning.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown, turning half way through cooking.
- Remove the wedges from the oven and transfer to a platter or large plate for sharing.
- Add the cubes of cheese, salad, and pickled jalapenos. Stir to combine and serve immediately.