Want a salsa that draws the eye as much as it tempts the taste buds? Featuring two superfoods, this spicy pomegranate avocado packs big-time healthiness and a ton of flavor. Plus, the plating is downright festive due to the ingredient’s colors. Chock full of reds and greens, it’s a looker for both summer barbecue parties and holiday events.
The heat comes from fresh jalapeño pepper. Its bright grassy spiciness works well with pomegranate’s fruity tang and the creamy fresh flavor of avocado. For extra bite, you can swap in serrano peppers instead of jalapeños. Serrano peppers are easily double the spiciness (often more) than jalapeños, and they have a similar flavorful bright bite that suits this recipe perfectly.
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Fiery Cherry Salsa: Plenty of sweet, fruity pop here.
- Peach Habanero Salsa: A step up in heat. Peaches and habs are a tasty pairing.
- Spicy Blueberry Salsa: Earthy and sweet. We’re fans of this recipe with salty tortilla chips.
Spicy Pomegranate Avocado Salsa
- In a glass mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and stir to combine.
- For best flavor, chill the salsa for 1 to 2 hours prior to serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips