If you haven’t tried fresh cherries and hot peppers, now’s the time. This simple cherry salsa recipe takes minutes to whip together, and the taste is phenomenal. The rich tartness from the cherries shifts into overdrive with the jalapeño heat. Add in a little fresh basil, and you have quite a refreshing mix. It’s perfect just with tortilla chips, or use this salsa with grilled chicken or pork to bring some pep to a meal.
If you’re lucky enough to have fresh Fresno peppers available near you, try one instead of the jalapeño. The sweeter Fresno taste works very well in the cherry salsa, and the heat profile is relatively close to jalapeño. Fresno peppers are just slightly hotter on average.
See it being made:
Like this salsa? You’ll love these too:
- Cranberry Jalapeño Salsa: Another tart salsa, and this one is perfect for fall meals and holidays.
- Peach Habanero Salsa: Peach and extra-hot habs are a tasty pairing. If you love more extreme salsas, be sure to check this one out.
- Strawberry Salsa: This one is so hearty that you could eat it on its own (as a dessert or side) and be totally satisfied.
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium-sized bowl and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour prior to serving for the best flavor.