Tangy and sweet with fresh bite!
Your turkey may never be the same when you add a little cranberry jalapeño salsa to the table. It’s tangy and sweet with a fresh bite – a bold holiday appetizer or side. But don’t save it just for holidays! It’s perfect served atop turkey or chicken any time of year, providing lots of zing to the meal. And it’s so delicious simply poured over cream cheese and served with tortilla chips or crackers.
Jalapeño pepper is obviously the spicy star of this recipe, but you could go even bolder by using serrano peppers instead. They often deliver double the heat of the jalapeño, and sometimes more, with a comparable fresh and bright flavor that pairs well with cranberry’s sweet zing. And to get the most from the heat, allow this salsa to rest for an hour in the refrigerator for the best possible flavor. It takes a little time for that jalapeño spiciness to truly permeate throughout the salsa.
Cranberry Jalapeño Salsa
- 2 cups cranberries fresh cranberries preferred
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeds removed and chopped
- 2 scallions chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice from the orange, not store-bought
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/3 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Using a blender or food processor, process all ingredients until you reach your desired consistency.
- Serve immediately, or for best flavor refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld.