Simplicity at its tastiest.
Are you in need of a quick party dip that’ll knock your guests socks off? This spicy salsa and cream cheese dip is about as fast of a recipe as they come. It’s as simple as unwrap, pour, microwave, chop, and combine.
The spicy beauty of it all – you can control the heat through both the salsa jar choice, as well as by adding a fresh pepper to the mix. Jalapeño and serrano chilies both work great in these salsas, but you could go even hotter…if you dare. Just make sure your guests know what’s in store for their taste buds!
Spicy Salsa And Cream Cheese Dip
- 1 package cream cheese 8 ounces
- 1/2 to 1 jar salsa as spicy as you'd like
- Cilantro leaves optional, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper optional, diced
- In a microwavable bowl, place the cream cheese block and pour enough salsa over it to cover the block completely. The more salsa, the "soupier" your dip will be.
- Heat in the microwave for 1 minute on high, until the cheese has melted.
- Add the chopped jalapeño (or serrano), and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Top with cilantro leaves if desired.
You can opt for an even hotter fresh chili pepper if you want your dip to be the spiciest possible.
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!