Bacon and spice is a perfect combo if you ask us, and it all comes to life in this stuffed jalapeños with bacon recipe. It makes a great appetizer before the big game or at a barbecue party. The ingredients are simple, but the taste is out-of-this-world good. And add points, too, for presentation – the jalapeños just look delicious plated with sauce. These’ll be on your short list for parties for sure.
If you like things a little spicier opt for not boiling the jalapeño peppers prior to cooking. This will keep more of the pepper’s heat intact, as well as increase the overall crispness of the jalapeño. Or you could opt to add some extra heat through the dipping sauce. For instance, this Sriracha ranch dressing adds a nice touch of spiciness.
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Spicy Fried Pickles: Crunch and tang are center stage with this classic, crave worthy fiery appetizer.
- Chili And Figs In Prosciutto: The mix of sweet earthy figs, fiery chilies, and eat meaty prosciutto is a total standout.
- Daltjie Chili Bites: Want to impress friends and family? These chili bites may not be aesthetic crowd pleasers, but boy are they chock full of flavor.
Stuffed Jalapeños With Bacon
- Soak the toothpicks in water for 30 minutes prior to cooking. This is to prevent the toothpicks from burning while in the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese and pepper jack cheese. Thoroughly mix.
- Boil the jalapeño halves for 2 minutes in a pot of water with a pinch of salt. They should soften, yet still feel slightly firm. Remove from heat and strain out the water.
- Stuff each jalapeño half with about a tablespoon of the cheese mixture, and then wrap the jalapeño with a bacon slice. Secure the bacon in place with a damp toothpick.
- Bake in the oven until the bacon is the perfect shade of brown (5 to 10 minutes).
For a spicier side, do not boil the chili halves. Stuff them raw and bake. This will increase the overall heat and crispness of the jalapeños.