Tangy sweet meets smoky heat. That’s the pairing of chipotle pepper and cranberries. It’s a unique flavor pairing that takes your taste buds for a real rollercoaster ride. For any fans of summer smoky flavors, this is a pairing that you’ll love during the Fall and holiday season.
We’re, of course, a fan of heat, but in this instance, we don’t recommend experimenting with any more
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Cranberry Jalapeño Jam: The bright bite from jalapeño works just as well with cranberry as chipotle.
- Spicily-Glazed Baked Gammon With Fall Sides: A full fall-ready meal with citrusy-sweet potatoes, green cabbage, and a delicious homemade cranberry sauce.
- Chipotle Honey Parsnips: Earthy-sweet and smoky give parsnips a whole new level of flavor.
Shop Our Spicery On Etsy
Jalapeño and Chipotle "Yin and Yang" Set
Bring two sides to the jalapeño into your everyday cooking! Ground green jalapeño has a bright, grassy bite and chipotle delivers a tasty smoky earthiness.Buy Now
Support PepperScale by purchasing our fiery spices. Subscribers get 15% off!
Chipotle Cranberry Sauce
Smoky and tangy – a tasty way to upgrade a special fall meal
- 12 ounces cranberries
- 2 cups dark sweet cherries can use frozen, pitted
- 3 clementine oranges
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon chipotle from chipotle in adobo sauce, minced
- Place the cranberries and cherries in a slow cooker.
- Halve the oranges and squeeze the juice over the fruit in the slow cooker. Then remove the pulp from the orange peels and place in the slow cooker as well.
- Heat the water in a microwave to hot, then pour it, the sugar, and chopped chipotle pepper into the slow cooker. Stir the ingredients to fully combine.
- Turn the slow cooker to low, cover, and cook the mix for 4 hours.
- Remove from heat and allow the cranberry sauce to cool to room temperature, then serve. Or chill the cranberry sauce in the refrigerator to allow the sauce to thicken prior to serving.
Calories: 92kcalCarbohydrates: 24gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 2mgPotassium: 161mgFiber: 3gSugar: 19gVitamin A: 127IUVitamin C: 27mgCalcium: 22mgIron: 1mg
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!