Who doesn’t love crispy? But you know what’s better? Crispy with a big, bold spiciness. These super spicy roasted chickpeas have you covered from all ends. Expect this snack to disappear fast. Eating only one – or even a handful – is near impossible.
Cayenne pepper powder is the heat source – the recipe calls for one teaspoon, but we wouldn’t stop you from doubling down on the cayenne to get your spicy snacking on. Too hot? Lower the cayenne to half a teaspoon and increase the chili powder by the same amount. The addition of cumin to the mix provides a delicious earthiness that works very well with the nuttiness of the chickpeas.
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Spicy Roasted Chickpeas: This recipe uses smoked paprika, so it has more of a smoky mild spiciness compared to the recipe here.
- Sriracha Carrot Dip: A perfect dip for vegetable crudités.
- Chili Chickpea Cabbage Soup: It sounds like a lot, but the flavors here meld oh so well.
Extra Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
Crunchy and earthy, with a cayenne level heat
- 3 cups chickpeas approximately two 15 ounce cans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder Add an extra teaspoon, for especially spicy!
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drain the chickpeas, then pour them into a bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss the chickpeas to thoroughly coat them with the spices.
- Spread the chickpeas evenly on an aluminum foil covered baking sheet, then bake them for 30 minutes or until the chickpeas are crispy looking.
Looking for less spiciness? Cut the cayenne down to 1/2 teaspoon and increase the chili powder by 1/2 teaspoon.
Calories: 268kcalCarbohydrates: 34gProtein: 11gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gSodium: 309mgPotassium: 387mgFiber: 10gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 396IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 68mgIron: 4mg
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!