Ready to make your own taco seasoning?
It’s one of the simpler recipes out there, and all it takes is spices that are likely already in your spice cabinet.
We also love homemade taco seasonings because they are fun to make with the kids. It’s a cool way to make taco night more hands on. The kids will get to see what exactly make that ground beef as tasty as it is. This recipe makes a similar amount to your typical store-bought taco seasoning packet. If you’re concerned about overall spiciness, you can control that by decreasing the black pepper and chili powder in the mix.
Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 tablespoon chili powder or chipotle powder for a hotter and smokier flavor
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Mix all the ingredients together into a small bowl and you're done!
To lower the heat, skip the black pepper and lessen the amount of chili pepper.
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!