Sweet and heat are always a great pairing, but few ingredients match quite as well as honey and Sriracha. These two bold flavors are on the opposite side of the flavor spectrum yet they just work. And when meatballs are the base for these two delicious flavors to meet…well, we’re in heaven. Honey sriracha meatballs are a party favorite, whether they are served as cocktail meatballs or something more meal-like.
We use fresh meatballs in this recipe, and it’s definitely the preferred choice. Though, you can just as easily use frozen meatballs instead. Just let them thaw to room temperature before adding them to the slow cooker. You could also quickly pan-sear them and then add them to the slow cooker for some extra flavor. Feel free, too, to alter the amount of Sriracha and honey in the recipe to get the perfect balance of sweetness and spiciness for you.
See honey sriracha meatballs being made:
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Little Lamb Kofta Meatballs: These bite-sized meatballs are perfect for parties.
- Mexican Meatball Soup: This soup eats like a full meal.
- Homemade Sriracha: Yes, you can make this delicious chili garlic sauce at home.
Honey Sriracha Meatballs
- Slow Cooker
For the meatballs
- 1 pound ground beef (80/20)
- 1 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the honey Sriracha sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Sriracha sauce
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Make the meatballs
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt, and egg. Stir well.
- Add the ground beef and mix well until the spice mix is fully combined into the ground beef.
- Roll the ground beef into meatballs (approximately 12 medium-sized or 20 small).
- In a pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil, then add the meatballs.
- Fry the meatballs until the meatballs are browned. (approximately 15 minutes).
- Remove the meatballs and place them on a paper towel to allow the grease to leave the meatballs.
Make the honey Sriracha sauce
- In a mixing bowl, combine the honey, Sriracha sauce, lime juice, olive oil, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1 teaspoon onion powder. Stir well.
Cook the meatballs
- In a slow cooker, add the honey Sriracha sauce and the meatballs. Stir to coat the meatballs.
- Slow cook on high for 1 to 2 hours or on low for 3 to 4 hours. Stir occasionally to recoat the meatballs.
- Serve immediately.