Now, obviously, this one is for the adults only. Jalapeño and vodka jello is the type of sweet treat that will help get any gathering going. It’s a tasty berry experience, with only a gentle hint of red jalapeño that tickles the tongue. This is a great dessert to prepare the night before a party. You can store it in the refrigerator for up to three days in an airtight container.
We use fresh berries in this recipe, rather than a packet of berry jello. It provides a much fresher flavor. But if you are short on time (or short on berries) you can substitute that classic packet in. Simply make the jello according to the instructions, then heat in a pan with the jalapeño. Cook for 10 minutes so the pepper flavors incorporate into the jello, then remove the chili and whisk in the alcohol.
Set your jalapeño and vodka jello using molds of your choice. Or for jelly cubes, pour the mixture into a square tray and cut into cubes when the mixture sets.
We love blackberries, so we use them here (see in the photo and video.) But this recipe will work well with raspberries or strawberries, too. You may also want to experiment with something earthy sweet like cherries.
You can also amp up the chili pepper used, subbing in Fresno peppers or red serranos. Green jalapeños do work, too, but they don’t have the sweetness that red jalapeños have (and that works so well here.) See our post on green vs. red jalapeños to learn more about the differences.
See it being made:
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Jalapeño And Blackberry Slushie: Again, berries and jalapeños just work! So refreshing.
- Spiced Berry And Coconut Popsicles: That coconut adds a tasty creamy taste.
- Habanero Lemonade: Habs add extra punch to this refreshing beverage.
Jalapeño and Vodka Jello
- Place a saucepan over medium heat and add the berries, sugar, and water.
- Remove the seeds from the jalapeño pepper and add to the mixture. Boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the gelatin, whisking briskly so it all dissolves quickly into the mixture.
- Add the vodka and stir once more.
- Use a sieve to strain the liquid jello, removin the seeds and skin from the mixture.
- Place into icecube trays or a bowl and place in the refrigerator. Allow it to set for at least 2 hours.