If you’re looking for a salsa that pairs perfectly with fish tacos, look no further than this jalapeño mango salsa recipe. It’s simple to make, yet full of tropical sweet and spicy bite. It’s perfect as a topper or side for your fish taco favorites, but don’t stop there. Jalapeño mango salsa is just as delicious with grilled chicken and pork, and during grilling season it can easily double as a refreshing salad-like side to your grilled meats.
You can increase the heat by adjusting the number of jalapeños used (cut back on the bell pepper equally to keep the green pepper ratio just right). Or try using serrano peppers, which are noticeably hotter than jalapeño peppers, but with a comparable bright bite.
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Spicy Blueberry Salsa: This recipe is sure to please with its earthy, sweet, and tart flavor.
- Jalapeño Salsa Verde: There’s a low-medium spiciness here with plenty of tomatillo tanginess.
- Peach Habanero Salsa: Extra-hot! You’ll be surprised at how well peaches and habs pair.
Shop Our Spicery On Etsy
Jalapeño and Chipotle "Yin and Yang" Set
Explore two sides to the jalapeño. Ground green is bright and grassy, while ground chipotle is smoky and earthy. Together, they have you covered for many fiery needs in the kitchen. 100% chilies, no additives.Buy Now
Support PepperScale by purchasing our fiery spices. Subscribers get 15% off!
Jalapeño Mango Salsa
Sweet and spicy – perfect with fish tacos
- 2 cups mango chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeds removed and diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro divided (1 tablespoon for garnish)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the mango, jalapeño pepper, bell pepper, red onion, lime juice, and 1 tablespoon of cilantro. Stir to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with additional fresh cilantro, then serve.
Calories: 35kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 2mgPotassium: 120mgFiber: 1gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 940IUVitamin C: 38.9mgCalcium: 6mgIron: 0.1mg
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!