Whether over barbecue, grilled chicken, or savory desserts, this easy raspberry habanero sauce recipe delivers a spicy tang that’ll wake up everyone’s tastebuds. Our favorites: try it over vanilla ice cream or (as pictured below) atop cheese and crackers. It’s basic, but both are oh so tasty.
This recipe is super simple to pull together, needing only three ingredients: a habanero, raspberry jam, and apple cider vinegar. Don’t be too concerned with the spiciness here. The habanero pepper is sautéed in the jam and cider vinegar mix, not processed into the sauce. So it’s spicy but not so intense as to be solely for extreme eaters.
Like this sauce? You’ll love these recipes too:
- Cherry Habanero BBQ Sauce: Habs and cherries are a tasty pairing. There’s also chipotle here for some smokiness.
- Maple Sriracha Sauce: This is one of our favorite chicken finger dipping sauces. It’ll be one of yours too.
- Homemade Hoisin Sauce: A soy sauce based sauce, that’s a must for Chinese food, but don’t overlook it as a barbecue sauce.
Shop Our Spicery On Etsy
Up The Scale Set II: Jalapeño, Habanero, Ghost Powders
Explore the Scoville scale with one of our top spice sets: ground jalapeño, habanero, and ghost. Medium to super-hot powders here. 100% chilies, no additives.Buy Now
Support PepperScale by purchasing our fiery spices. Subscribers get 15% off!
Easy Raspberry Habanero Sauce
Just as delicious with grilled chicken as it is ice cream
- 1 habanero pepper split in half and seeds removed
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam seedless preferred
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar or 1/2 cup for a thinner sauce
- Over medium heat, add all ingredients; stir often while simmering to get the jam and vinegar to fully combine.
- Continue stirring while the sauce thickens. Remove from heat when the sauce is to your preferred thickness.
- Remove habanero halves and serve the sauce.
Calories: 31kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 4mgPotassium: 13mgFiber: 1gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 6IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 2mgIron: 1mg
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!
Does this sauce store well in the refrigerator? I was buying this type of sauce for my husband its his favorite, its his replacement of ketchup. The addiction lol is getting pricey, so I want to try an make some at home.
Love it but did not get thick like I would have liked but still good
1/2 cup vinegar was way to much for the easy raspberry sauce. I cooked it longer than 15 minutes as I wanted as a marinade for chicken. Unless I did something wrong, I guess 1/4 cup?