This is one seriously healthy drink with a seriously spicy punch – that is, if you want that heat. The choice on spiciness is up to you with this spicy carrot and ginger juice. You could use something as hot as a red Thai or habanero chili. Or go medium-heat with a red serrano or jalapeño. There’s some black pepper in this recipe, too, that provides warmth even without a chili pepper added. Dealer’s choice on the heat.
But there’s no doubt this is one healthy beverage. Our spicy carrot and ginger juice gets its sweetness naturally. It’s a mix of the natural earthy sweetness from the carrots and the tangy fruitiness of red apple. No added sugars. All fruit and spice. And totally healthy. It’s filled with antioxidants, beta-carotene, vitamin C, vitamin E, and fiber – just to name a few of the health benefits.
The ginger, of course, adds a delicious exotic twist to the taste, too. It’s a total flavor bomb here, and it’s quick to make. This recipe does use a juicer, but you could opt for a blender and achieve similar results. Simply blend in a similar fashion as the juicer instructions.
You can store this fresh juice in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. But be warned: The color will change, so enjoying immediately is always best, as with most juiced drinks.
See it being made:
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Jalapeño Green Smoothie: Full of all sorts of good for you green fruits and vegetables.
- Chipotle Carrot Soup: The smokiness of chipotle works so well with the earthiness and sweetness of carrots.
- Carrot Habanero Sauce: Earthy sweet, and those habs provide a bold heat.
Spicy Carrot And Ginger Juice
- 1 juicer
- Remove the stalk and seeds from the chili, peel and cut the ends off the carrots, and de-core the apple.
- Juice the chili and ginger first, then carrots and apple afterwards.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into the juice cup and then add the ground pepper.
- Stir and serve immediately, with some ice if desired.