Here’s a feel-good soup with a little more zip! Slow cooker chicken soup is one of those dishes that fills the home with yummy aromas. It’s a comfort food staple – just the kind of recipe that’s a ton of fun to twist with a little extra spice.
This recipe uses two types of pepper: jalapeño for the heat and red bell pepper for a little extra flavor. It’s a nice amount of spice – not so hot as to turn off those with sensitive taste buds. The cumin and taco seasoning give it a little more Southwestern taste too.
See it being made:
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Thai Pumpkin Soup: Different from the typical “fall in a bowl” pumpkin recipes. Spicy and aromatic.
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Soup: Everything you love about poppers is here. Total comfort.
- Chipotle Grilled Cheese: Looking for a sandwich to go with your chicken soup? Chipotle adds a tasty smokiness to the classic.
Spicy Chicken Soup
- Combine all ingredients (other than the rice) into a slow cooker, cover, and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours (high 5 – 6 hours).
- Stir rice into the soup 1 hour prior to cooking completion and cover again.