The mix of cinnamon and cayenne pepper is one of those spice rack dynamic duos. Cinnamon has that exotic warmth, that sweet earthy flair. And cayenne? Well, it will punch you right in the taste buds. It adds extra life to that homey cinnamon warmth, and we think the pecan is the perfect snacking vehicle for this spice rack combo. Spicy cinnamon pecans are crunchy, sweet, fiery, and nutty all in one.
Share these as a snack side on your holiday table. They’re also perfect to crumble up as a topping for ice cream and other desserts. For those only marginally heat-inclined, we recommend sticking with that half a teaspoon of cayenne. It’ll have a nice, family-friendly heat. If you’re a spicy food fan, feel free to add an additional quarter to half a teaspoon if you’d like.
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Spicy Mixed Nuts: Looking for that classic spiced mix, whether for the holidays or simply as a fun home bar snack?
- Fiery Smoked Almonds: The smokiness in these almonds is just so craw-worthy.
- Smoked Paprika Potato Chips: A tasty DIY snack with just a little warmth.
Spicy Cinnamon Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine in a mixing bowl, the melted butter, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and salt. Stir well.
- Add in the pecans and stir to totally cover the nuts with the butter mix.
- Place the coated nuts on a baking pan, evenly spread. Then bake the pecans for 15 minutes to 20 minutes, flipping them 2 to 3 times during the time frame. Remove the nuts when toasted.