Here’s a simple way to bring your pasta to a real spicy boil. Sriracha spaghetti sauce (a.k.a. Sriracha marinara) is a simple pasta sauce to make, but the flavor impact is plentiful. There’s that tomato tang, a garlicky undertone, and a very eatable level of heat. This recipe turns your everyday marinara into something much more memorable.
Sriracha is tomato-based with a delicious garlicky undertone, so the mix of the rooster sauce into a marinara is seamless. And since the hot sauce is diluted into the tomato sauce, the heat won’t be full Sriracha – but you can add more to boost the bite. Or, if you’re concerned about making your Sriracha spaghetti sauce too saucy, throw in some crushed red pepper to increase the heat. It won’t impact the other flavors beyond the overall spiciness. Start with a pinch and work up from there.
Don’t only think of this as a spaghetti sauce: use it for any pasta, as a meatball sauce, or as a dipping sauce for bread or mozzarella sticks. The bold flavor will be a hit for parties and a game-day dipping sauce. Or – one of our favorites – try Sriracha marinara sauce with fried or baked eggs for a real breakfast jolt!
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Homemade Sriracha Powder: Yes, you can turn that rooster sauce into a delicious seasoning.
- Maple Sriracha Sauce: One of our favorite dipping sauce recipes.
- Chorizo And Chipotle Pasta: Fiery and smoky, this pasta is so much fun to eat.
Sriracha Spaghetti Sauce (a.k.a. Sriracha Marinara)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat the olive oil, then add the yellow onions. Sauté the onions, stirring often, until cooked through (translucent, approximately 4 to 5 minutes), then add the garlic. Cook for 1 more minute, stirring often until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and Sriracha sauce – stir to combine, then turn the heat to high and bring the sauce to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn heat again to medium and allow the sauce to simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until the sauce has thickened to your desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Use immediately over spaghetti or the pasta of your choice.