Like a little smoky edge to your sauces? Don’t ignore what chipotle peppers can quickly bring to the table, particularly in simple ketchup-based sauces like cocktail sauce. This chipotle cocktail sauce brings plenty of horseradish spiciness but adds an earthy, smoky zip via chipotle in adobo sauce. It’s a bold combo that’s perfect for those that believe everything tastes better when it’s a touch smoky.
Try it with a shrimp cocktail or fried shrimp. You can also use it as a dip for chips, as a fiery, tangy dressing for salad, or even as an ingredient for Bloody Marys. The smokiness adds a nice touch to the cocktail.
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Sriracha Carrot Dip: The mix of earthy-sweet with this chili garlic sauce is just delicious.
- Bacony Jalapeño Popper Dip: All the things you love about poppers are here.
- Spicy Cocktail Sauce: Another take, but without the smokiness.
Chipotle Cocktail Sauce
- Mash the minced chipotle peppers (from chipotle in adobo sauce) until smooth like a paste.
- Combine the ketchup, chipotle mash, lemon juice, and prepared horseradish. Stir well.
- Serve immediately, or for best flavor refrigerate the chipotle cocktail sauce for 2 to 4 hours prior to serving (to allow the flavors to meld).