Any time you mix savory bacon with jalapeño peppers and lots of cheese…well that’s a pure win in our book. Our bacony jalapeño popper dip has all the flavors you love in spreadable form. And it’s without the fuss of having to stuff those jalapeños and wrap them with bacon slices. Hallelujah. This will quickly become a party staple in your house.
Want to increase the heat of your jalapeño popper dip? Try dropping the green chilies for one or two diced serrano peppers. Or just use serranos instead of the jalapeños for an even bigger heat bump. Serranos are typically twice the heat (often more) than jalapeños. They have a similar bright bite, though, so they work very well with popper flavors.
Like recipes with popper twists? You’ll love these too:
- Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich: This could easily become your go-to grilled cheese. A perfect pairing with tomato soup.
- Popper Mac and Cheese: Our recipe takes feel-good food to a whole new level. It’s an excellent light lunch or barbecue side.
- Popper Chicken Soup: Everything you love is here. On a chilly day, this soup will warm you right up.
Shop Our Spicery On Etsy
Up The Scale Set II: Jalapeño, Habanero, Ghost Powders
Enjoy a journey up the Scoville scale with three of our most popular spices. Medium-heat jalapeño, extra-hot habanero, and super-hot ghost powders in one set.Buy Now
Support PepperScale by purchasing our fiery spices. Subscribers get 15% off!
Bacony Jalapeño Popper Dip
Like heaven in a casserole dish
- 10 bacon slices cooked then diced
- 6 jalapeño peppers diced
- 16 ounces cream cheese 2 packages
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese mix
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 small can chopped green chilies drained
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cream cheese, jalapeños, green chilies, bacon, Mexican cheese, mozzarella cheese, and mayonnaise. Mix until fully combined.
- Spread the mix evenly into a 1 1/2 casserole dish.
- Mix together the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese, then evenly spread the topping across the dip.
- Optional: Lightly spray the dip with a cooking spray ( to promote browning)
- Bake the dip for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the topping is lightly browned.
Keep the jalapeño seeds in for extra spiciness. Or you can remove the seeds prior to dicing. Of course, you know what choice we’d make!
Calories: 408kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 9gFat: 38gSaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 610mgPotassium: 131mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 695IUVitamin C: 11.3mgCalcium: 153mgIron: 0.6mg
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!