While our other spicy maple syrup recipe (see it here) focuses on pure heat with the neutral-tasting cayenne pepper, this one is about adding something more to the sweetness. Here it’s all about the smokiness behind chipotle peppers. That earthy smoky undertone pairs so perfectly with the rich sweetness of maple syrup. So chipotle maple syrup will add a bit of wow factor to your meal – earthy, smoky, fiery, and sweet.
Try it with your morning pancakes for something truly wicked to start the morning. But don’t stop there – chipotle maple syrup is a tasty pairing with both chicken and salmon. We love it, too, as a simple dipper with fried chicken fingers. Best, of all it takes minutes to make, as long as you have chipotle available.
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Maple Sriracha Sauce: Mixing the popular rooster sauce with maple syrup makes quite a tasty condiment.
- Homemade Hoisin Sauce: Earthy, sweet, and exotic – it’s perfect with duck, pork, and more.
- Spicy Avocado Hummus: Think a mix between guacamole and hummus, and you’ve got it.
Shop Our Spicery On Etsy
Smoke It Up Set: Chipotle and Chile De Arbol Powders
A two-pack of smoky spiciness ground chipotle (2,500 to 8,000 Scoville heat units) and chile de arbol (15,000 to 30,000 SHU.) Both are perfect for dry rubs or finishing spices for red meats and BBQ.Buy Now
Support PepperScale by purchasing our fiery spices. Subscribers get 15% off!
Chipotle Maple Syrup
Earthy, smoky, and sweet
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 chipotle pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Or place all ingredients in a large bowl and use a hand blender to blend until smooth.
Note, this recipe calls for dried chipotle pepper, not chipotle in adobo sauce. You can buy dried chipotle peppers here. Concerned about the spiciness? Pull back on the chipotle pepper by half. The smokiness will be much less, but so will the heat.
Calories: 329kcalCarbohydrates: 57gProtein: 0.5gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0.5gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 100mgPotassium: 184mgFiber: 1gSugar: 50gVitamin A: 350IUCalcium: 91mgIron: 0.1mg
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!