Talk about bold, this citrus habanero vinaigrette provides a solid smack of heat with a delicious citrus twist. It’s light and refreshing, yet wicked spicy. Try it over salads of all types, especially mixed with tropical fruits. It’s also delicious on greens paired against grilled pork and chicken.
Habanero peppers are extra hot chilies that can lead to some sever chili burn if handled improperly. Wear kitchen gloves and goggles while handling and know how to reduce chili burn if it happens.
Like this recipe? You’ll love these vinaigrettes too:
- Chipotle Honey: Smoky and sweet, really perfect for Tex-Mex salads
- Jalapeño Lime: Bright and tangy, delicious with fish
- Chipotle Lime: Smoky and tangy, tasty with tropical fruits and salads
Citrus Habanero Vinaigrette
Plenty of tangy, delicious heat
- 1 habanero pepper finely minced, stem and seeds removed
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice approximately juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the habanero, orange juice, lime juice, and olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Use care when working with habanero peppers. Wear gloves and kitchen goggles (highly recommended) when handling to keep chili burn at bay. Know your best ways to combat chili burn in the worst case scenario. For those who like things to the extreme, you can add more habanero pepper to taste.
Calories: 43kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 1gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 582mgPotassium: 58mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 69IUVitamin C: 16mgCalcium: 4mgIron: 1mg
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!