We’ll say it upfront – this is not a healthy recipe in any way. But these deep-fried jalapeño cream cheese bread rolls are quick to make and deliciously creamy and fiery. They make an excellent fast snack and are a great way to use up those extra jalapeños from your garden.
Think of them as popper-like, but bigger. Or like a jalapeño grilled cheese in deep-fried roll form. All of the same flavors are there. Crispy bread, rich cream cheese, and the bright, grassy bite of those jalapeños. Serve them with your favorite popper sauce or a good chili jam for some extra heat. Or make a lunch of it (they are big enough to replace a sandwich) by pairing them with a fresh side salad.
Jalapeño cream cheese bread rolls are best served fresh and crispy. Reheating doesn’t do these any justice, so keep your eating to the time of making.
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich: Another fun way to enjoy the popper flavors at lunchtime.
- Basic Cream Cheese Jalapeño Poppers: The standard (and always tasty) way to make the classic appetizer.
- Chili And Rosemary Bread Balls: An unlikely pairing of spices, but it delivers a ton of flavor.
Deep-Fried Jalapeño Cream Cheese Bread Rolls
- Bring the oil up to a high temperature for deep frying.
- Take the stem of the chili peppers, removing as many seeds as possible without damaging the chili shape.
- Push cream cheese into each jalapeño pepper with the tip of a knife.
- Push the bread slice flat and squeeze around the pepper, creating a roll shape with the bread.
- Place the bread roll in the hot oil for 30-45 seconds or until golden brown.
- Remove the jalapeño cream cheese bread roll from the oil and place them on a plate covered with a paper towel (to remove excess oil.)
- Serve while still hot.