One bold BBQ sauce…
There’s a lot of delicious earthy flavors in this smoky espresso BBQ sauce. Obviously the espresso is the named star, but the smokiness here is delivered by one of our favorite chilies: chipotle pepper. Chipotle (smoked, dried jalapeños) has a deep, spicy smokiness that is just pure yum with rich earthy flavors like espresso or cocoa.
Try this BBQ sauce with pork and beef. It works best with these richer meat meats. With grilled chicken, it tends to overpower the flavor of the white meat.
Like this recipe? You’ll love these BBQ sauces too:
- Cherry Habanero: A much bigger heat, with a delicious cherry sweet-tang.
- Mango Chipotle: Tropically sweet and smoky.
- Candied Jalapeño: We use delicious cowboy candy (candied jalapeños) and pair with the earthy sweetness of molasses.
Smoky Espresso BBQ Sauce
- Add all ingredients to a glass bowl and stir to combine.
- Use immediately. Or for best flavor, cover the bbq sauce and place in the refrigerator overnight to allow the flavors to meld.