Healthy and simply delicious…
Tropical fruits and chili peppers are a perfect natural pairing. For instance, mango and chili powder makes a super-tasty (and super-healthy) snack or dessert! Best of all, the mango is one of the more versatile fruits in terms of edibility throughout their ripening cycle. Green mangos (a.k.a. raw mangos) have a delicious sourness to them that acts as natural foil to chili powder’s heat and earthiness. Or opt for ripe mangos and their rich sweet tang. You can also have it both ways – sweet and sour – by adding a little lime juice to the ripe mangos before sprinkling on the chili powder. It’s a simple snack that’s packed with flavor.
Mango With Chili Powder
- 2 cups mango chopped or sliced, raw green or ripe
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lime optional, or 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, recommended for ripe mango*
- In a small bowl, mix the chili powder and salt.
- Place the chopped or sliced mango in a bowl, evenly spread.
- Optional for ripe mango: Squeeze the 1/2 lime over the mango, even dispersing the lime juice across the fruit.
- Sprinkle the mango with the chili powder/salt mix, then serve.
- Use green mango (a.k.a. raw) if you prefer a natural sourness paired against the chili powder heat and salt tang. - Use ripe mango if you prefer a natural sweet tang paired against chili powder heat and salt tang. - *If you prefer sweet with a little sour, add the lime juice (optional above) to the ripe mango. We don't recommend lime juice with raw green mango as the fruit already has a sour flavor.
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!