You can bet you’ll be going back for seconds of these pickled jalapeño deviled eggs. It has all that delicious creamy and mustardy flavor you want, plus so much more. Pickled jalapeño peppers amplify the tang and provide a good level of spiciness that most can enjoy.
That said, if jalapeños are too spicy for you, there are alternatives that work just as well with less heat. You can opt for pickled banana peppers or pepperoncini instead. In both cases, their heat is only a mild simmer compared to that of a jalapeño (topping out at 500 Scoville heat units compared to 2,500 to 8,000 SHU). Plus, all three are common options in the jarred aisles of most well-stocked supermarkets. All are pretty easy to source.
That said – if you want to make your pickled jalapeño deviled eggs fully from scratch, be sure to try our pickled jalapeños recipe.
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Jalapeño Cornbread Muffins: They are easy to make and an excellent match with deviled eggs
- Smoky Chipotle Potato Salad: Chipotle peppers are fried and smoked jalapeños, so it provides a comparable level of spiciness to this recipe.
- Spicy Cowboy Beans: Top off your barbecue sides with a classic.
Pickled Jalapeño Deviled Eggs
- 6 hardboiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeño peppers minced
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon relish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika as a garnish
Hard boil your eggs
- In a saucepan, gently lay the eggs in the bottom of the pan and cover the eggs with water.
- Place the saucepan over high heat and cover. Bring the eggs to a boil, then immediately remove the saucepan from the heat source. Keep the eggs in the saucepan wth the hot water for 15 minutes, then remove the eggs.
- Place the eggs in a cool water bath for 5 minutes, then peel the eggs.
Prepare the deviled eggs
- Halve the eggs lengthwise, then remove the yolks and place to the side.
- Mash the yolks, then add in the mayonnaise, pickled jalapeño pepper, mustard, relish and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill each egg half with the yolk mix, then sprinkle each with paprika.