With only a hint of heat, this deliciously sweet and tangy red pepper aioli is family friendly and very versatile. Try it as a dipping sauce for breads and cheeses or use it as an entree sauce. It’s a simple way to boost the flavor of grilled chicken. Or try it as a spread for vegetable sandwiches – it really amps the flavor.
The recipe calls for only a dash of crushed red pepper, but feel free to be heavy-handed if you’re looking for that extra spice.
Red Pepper Aioli
- Drain the roasted red peppers, then chop them into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Place the chopped peppers, garlic, and crushed red pepper in a food processor, then process until the ingredients are fully pureed.
- Add mayonnaise and pulse blend until fully blended, or place mayonnaise in a bowl and fold the pepper mix into the mayonnaise to create a layered effect for presentation.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, or for best flavor chill the aioli for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld.